I do a really awful, AWFUL job at being kind to myself. I drive myself crazy all the time over the smallest things and I forget to sit and appreciate the things that do happen that are good. I also need to continue to remind myself that self care is incredibly important.
Not just the physical kind, but the psychological kind as well.
I decided to write a list of 5 things that I need to remind myself of more frequently to keep myself going.
- You won’t know until you try. I am always stuck in my same old ways of being cautious and unsure, but I have been more open to stepping outside of the box to try new things. When it comes to anything…trying on clothes, work and careers, activities. Anything. Unless you make the attempt and try something, you won’t know if you’re able to do it.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself. This is self explanatory. I am always too hard on myself in every aspect of my life so I need to remind myself to just relax.
- You will reach your goal. Sometimes after a week of eating healthy and working out, I wake up one morning and expect to be at my goal weight. I know that will never happen, but I just have to keep working and keep pushing through all the struggles to make sure that one day I reach my goal, whether that be tomorrow or a year from now.
- It’s okay to have a bad day. Unfortunately, the bad days have been outweighing the good. I have no energy most the days and I just go through the motions that I need to, but there are other days that I just really feel crappy. As long as I am able to keep my emotions under control and not take it out on others, it’s okay to have a bad day.
- Eat the cupake. Seriously…sometimes you just need a damn cupcake.